The Old Coast Guard Station is located on St. Simons Island, Georgia. It was constructed in 1936 and was placed on the National Registry of Historic Places in 1998. It was one of a series of Coast Guard stations constructed along the East coast between 1936 and 1941.
From 1936 to 1995 the station was the center of local operations. After a new station was opened on the Brunswick River, the Old Coast Guard Station was leased to the Coastal Landmark Preservation Society. The Society is in the process of restoring and rehabilitating this national treasure and plans on using it as a maritime center where people can learn about the history and environment of coastal Georgia.
All images and paintings are owned and copyrighted by Patricia Klinefelter. They may not be used without her permission.